If someone broke into your house, pursued you, and made it clear they intended to kill you—what would you do? Call 911, right? If you are contemplating suicide, then someone is in your house, pursuing you with the intent to kill. It is yourself. CALL the emergency phone number in your area!!! Call 911 in the US!!!
Supposing you are not contemplating suicide right now, but the idea is a tempting “solution” to overwhelming problems. That kind of thinking is not healthy. It is your body’s cry for help. You cannot face this alone. Get some help sorting out your problems while finding positive ways to solve them instead. Here are some ideas to contact someone for help:
Schedule a session with a local Christian counselor.
- Call Focus On The Family’s counseling department: 1-855-771-HELP (4357).
- Call a suicide hotline. In the US, call 1-800-273-8255. Find one outside the US by clicking here: http://www.iasp.info/resources/Crisis_Centres
- Talk to a trusted family member or friend.
- Join a suicide support group in your area. (Look in newspapers for announcements of place and time.)
- Join a small group at church and confide in them how you are struggling.
- Schedule an appointment with your pastor.
Commit to doing one or more of the above within 48 hours. God has a plan for your life. Live to let it unfold before your eyes. Greatness will happen and happiness is possible. As our brother or sister in Christ, we love you and want you to live. I pray you will receive godly help in your time of need.
I think Manafest really captured this kind of feeling with their song. Click “Edge of My Life” to listen to it on YouTube.
© 2015 Kim Bond
Draw Near exists to glorify God and help others draw near to Christ by providing free resources. Click here to learn more about God and here to access free Christian ebooks. Thanks for visiting. Stay blessed!