Draw Near is currently accepting submissions for a new free ebook. This publication will consist of personal essays. All essay submissions should be under 1,000 words. The theme is childhood. The essay should capture a single day or event that happened during your childhood. The situation or event could be good or bad, but please close your essay with a positive message on how it helped you in life. Some possible themes for your essay could be living in the country/city, growing up with two parents or only one parent, being raised in a Christian/non-Christian household, living in a rich/poor family, being popular/unpopular in school, etc. Simply give the reader an idea of what it was like to be you as a child and a sliver of wisdom from your experience. Need help? Do not hesitate to request free assistance from Draw Near’s editor.
Carefully read the following guidelines before submitting.
- Email your personal essay to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submit in the body of the email or as an attachment (.doc, .docx, .pdf). Avoid using special fonts and formats (such as centering, italics, etc). Include the title and “by” line in the email. (A pen name is okay.)
- You may include a short biography (optional). If your work is selected, Draw Near will share your bio in a blog. The bio must be in third person and consist of no more than three sentences. One link to your personal website or social media is acceptable.
- Draw Near will accept work that you have published on the internet (on your website or a public forum). However, we are not interested in manuscripts that have already been accepted for publication by other publishers. Simultaneous submissions are accepted. Please notify us immediately if your writing is accepted elsewhere.
- Submit only one personal essay. Submissions with indecent words or subjects will be rejected without consideration.
- The deadline is when full. Please submit as soon as possible.
- Unfortunately, you will not be paid for your submission. Please submit only if you wish to glorify God and help others draw near to Christ. All submissions will be considered and acknowledged. However, Draw Near will only accept quality writing that adheres to these guidelines for publication.
- PLEASE READ THIS IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT RIGHTS!!! By submitting a creative work:
- you certify you are the author of the creative work.
- you agree to give the publisher rights to publish your creative work in a single publication.
- you authorize the publisher to make this publication available in print and electronic formats.
- you agree to allow the publisher to post this publication on this website and other websites designed for hosting print and electronic formats.
- you retain the copyright to your work.
- you will be credited for your creative work (either as your real or pen name).
Still interested? Send your personal essay to email@example.com today! Questions can be sent by email or use the form below.