NEW RELEASE! Blessed Creation: A Christian Poetry Collection includes forty outstanding creation-themed poems by various authors. This anthology seeks to remind us that all of creation is a remarkable gift from God. Click this link Blessed Creation: A Christian Poetry Collection to read this free ebook online right now or download it to read later. You can Meet the Poets who have captured the beautiful details in this publication by clicking HERE. The print copy of Blessed Creation: A Christian Poetry Collection is coming soon.
Today’s blog recommends five amazing missionary books. Reading about Christian missionaries reminds us how active God is in the modern world and the ways in which He continues to expand His kingdom. Here is the list of brilliant books about Christian missionaries:
- God’s Smuggler by Brother Andrew is about a Dutch Christian who smuggled Bibles into many European countries when they were forbidden due to communism.
- The Heavenly Man by Paul Hattaway is written about a Chinese man named Brother Yun who suffered terrible persecution in his own country because of his faith.
- Bruchko by Bruce Olson captures the story of a young American who was determined to share Christ with a notorious Indian tribe in South America.
- A Cry from the Streets by Jeannette Lukasse tells the story of Dutch missionaries who felt called to care for poor orphans living on the streets of Brazil.
- City of Tranquil Light by Bo Caldwell weaves together the real experiences of a variety of missionaries into one beautiful fiction book about an American couple living as missionaries in China.
These incredible books will inspire you to seek God’s will for your life and trust in His provision no matter the circumstances. (These titles could probably be borrowed from a local library. If not, they can be purchased on nearly any major bookseller site.)
*Draw Near exists to glorify God and help others draw near to Christ by providing forever free ebooks.
Where do poets go
to get their inspiration?
Their souls fly high and low
reaching blindly in the air
for coarse emotions floating there.
Poets capture the feeling
the reader’s been concealing,
shelters them like wild savages,
tailors them into fitting words,
instead of untidy blurbs.
Show kindness to your poet,
for serving your feelings like a feast
and presenting them all tasty and neat,
but even if you don’t want to
the poet is glad to serve you.
….Then he began washing his disciples’ feet and drying them with the towel he was wearing. —John 13:5
© 2016 Kim Bond
Draw Near’s next free ebook called Beseeching Grace: An International Prayer Collection is coming soon! Although it has not yet been released, you can meet the authors right now by clicking here https://drawneartochrist.com/2016/02/10/meet-the-author/