Childhood Remembrances is now available in print on Blurb here: http://www.blurb.com/b/9292022-childhood-remembrances. This book will be available at blurb.com at this price until March 18, 2019. After that date, Draw Near’s printed books will no longer be available at blurb.com. Instead, they will be available in physical book stores. The price will increase slightly since the resellers need to make a profit. Draw Near Publication Ministry will continue forgoing all profit so that the books will remain low cost to the reader. Don’t worry! Draw Near’s ebooks will continue to be forever free. What’s the bottom line? Order print books now to obtain the best price. God bless!
NEW RELEASE! Childhood Remembrances is an anthology of brief memoirs. Experience someone’s best day, worst day, or somewhere in-between and gain wisdom from the lessons they learned. Authors include Ben Fine, Deborah Hansen, J. Ross Archer, Judy K. Haught, Leslie Anne Wood, M. Liebchen, Rebecca D. Bruner, Sandra L. Hickman, Sandy Loam, Saranya Sridharan, Sumeet Manohare, and Wanda J. Burnside.
Click this link Childhood Remembrances to read this free ebook online right now or download it to read later. Learn more about the authors who contributed their work to this publication by clicking right HERE. Childhood Remembrances is coming soon in print.
Draw Near is currently accepting submissions for a new free ebook. This publication will consist of personal essays. All essay submissions should be under 1,000 words. The theme is childhood. The essay should capture a single day or event that happened during your childhood. The situation or event could be good or bad, but please close your essay with a positive message on how it helped you in life. Some possible themes for your essay could be living in the country/city, growing up with two parents or only one parent, being raised in a Christian/non-Christian household, living in a rich/poor family, being popular/unpopular in school, etc. Simply give the reader an idea of what it was like to be you as a child and a sliver of wisdom from your experience. Need help? Do not hesitate to request free assistance from Draw Near’s editor.
Carefully read the following guidelines before submitting.
- Email your personal essay to email@example.com. Submit in the body of the email or as an attachment (.doc, .docx, .pdf). Avoid using special fonts and formats (such as centering, italics, etc). Include the title and “by” line in the email. (A pen name is okay.)
- You may include a short biography (optional). If your work is selected, Draw Near will share your bio in a blog. The bio must be in third person and consist of no more than three sentences. One link to your personal website or social media is acceptable.
- Draw Near will accept work that you have published on the internet (on your website or a public forum). However, we are not interested in manuscripts that have already been accepted for publication by other publishers. Simultaneous submissions are accepted. Please notify us immediately if your writing is accepted elsewhere.
- Submit only one personal essay. Submissions with indecent words or subjects will be rejected without consideration.
- The deadline is when full. Please submit as soon as possible.
- Unfortunately, you will not be paid for your submission. Please submit only if you wish to glorify God and help others draw near to Christ. All submissions will be considered and acknowledged. However, Draw Near will only accept quality writing that adheres to these guidelines for publication.
- PLEASE READ THIS IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT RIGHTS!!! By submitting a creative work:
- you certify you are the author of the creative work.
- you agree to give the publisher rights to publish your creative work in a single publication.
- you authorize the publisher to make this publication available in print and electronic formats.
- you agree to allow the publisher to post this publication on this website and other websites designed for hosting print and electronic formats.
- you retain the copyright to your work.
- you will be credited for your creative work (either as your real or pen name).
Still interested? Send your personal essay to firstname.lastname@example.org today!
Love is the true meaning of life
So do not let your heart delay,
Let it be evident in everything
you do and each word you say.
Love will never cease to fulfill you,
It will extend overseas like an embassy,
Like a chauffeur, hope will drive you,
Like a memoir, it will be your legacy.
“…God is love.”—1John 4:8
*Read about God's love for you in Draw Near's latest free ebook called
Blessed Creation: A Christian Poetry Collection? Read it HERE. Learn more
about the poets HERE.